Monday, July 13, 2015

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo Review

General Info
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
Published June 2012 by Henry Holt & Co.
(NO SPOILERS)
368 Pages
Plot Summary
Surrounded by enemies, the once-great nation of Ravka has been torn in two by the Shadow Fold, a swath of near impenetrable darkness crawling with monsters who feast on human flesh. Now its fate may rest on the shoulders of one lonely refugee. Alina Starkov has never been good at anything. But when her regiment is attacked on the Fold and her best friend is brutally injured, Alina reveals a dormant power that saves his life—a power that could be the key to setting her war-ravaged country free. Wrenched from everything she knows, Alina is whisked away to the royal court to be trained as a member of the Grisha, the magical elite led by the mysterious Darkling. Yet nothing in this lavish world is what it seems. With darkness looming and an entire kingdom depending on her untamed power, Alina will have to confront the secrets of the Grisha . . . and the secrets of her heart.
- Synopsis from Goodreads
My Personal Favorites
Surprisingly I loved this book A LOT!! It felt very original. I liked everything about it. And that betrayal towards the end had my heart in knots. Not gonna say too much about it because I don't want to spoil you. Just Read It!
My Personal Dislikes
I don't have anything to say in this section, which is a good thing.
Rating
5/5 Stars
My Final Thoughts
This book was amazing and I loved everything about it. I am actually very excited to continue with the series. I think that everyone should read and I promise that you won't be disappointed.
See you in the next post.
~Naya J.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment