Saturday, July 18, 2015

None of the Above by I.W. Gregorio Review

General Info
None of the Above by I.W. Gregorio
Published April 2015 by Blazer + Bray
(NO SPOILERS)
352 Pages
Plot Summary
What if everything you knew about yourself changed in an instant?

When Kristin Lattimer is voted homecoming queen, it seems like another piece of her ideal life has fallen into place. She's a champion hurdler with a full scholarship to college and she's madly in love with her boyfriend. In fact, she's decided that she's ready to take things to the next level with him.

But Kristin's first time isn't the perfect moment she's planned—something is very wrong. A visit to the doctor reveals the truth: Kristin is intersex, which means that though she outwardly looks like a girl, she has male chromosomes, not to mention boy "parts."

Dealing with her body is difficult enough, but when her diagnosis is leaked to the whole school, Kristin's entire identity is thrown into question. As her world unravels, can she come to terms with her new self?
My Personal Favorites
I had my eye on this book before it even came out mainly because it was about intersex. I never heard of that term before so I wanted to learn more about it. Before I started this book, I did research on the topic just to get a better understanding of it and I think this enhanced my reading experience. The book explains the topic well so you don't have to do this but it helped me a lot. This story was very sad and nearly made me cry😢. I can't believe that people can be so inconsiderate and rude when it comes to things that they don't understand. One thing that I really enjoyed was Kristin's character growing to accept herself throughout the novel. I also liked the father daughter relationship.
My Personal Dislikes
I just wished that it was longer but all good things must come to an end.
Rating
5/5 Stars
My Final Thoughts
Everyone must read this book because it was amazing and it's definitely in my top 15 books of 2015! I hope you love it as much as I do.
See you in the next post.
- Naya J.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment