Saturday, June 6, 2015

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir Review

General Info
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
Published April 2015 by Razorbill
(SPOILERS)
446 Pages
Plot Summary
Laia is a slave. Elias is a soldier. They both have one thing in common: they want to be free. In a world inspired by ancient Rome, Laia lives with her grandparents and her older brother. The Empire is powerful and as Scholars, Laia and her family wouldn't dare challenge them. But after her brother is arrested for treason, Laia goes to the Resistance for help. In exchange for helping her brother, she must go undercover as a slave to spy within the Empire's greatest military academy, Blackcliff. While there Laia meets Elias, the school's finest soldier and surprisingly the most unwilling. When they realize that their destinies connect in a special way, they will change the fate of the Empire forever.
My Personal Favorites
Oh my god! This book was amazing! It is definitely going down as one of my top 15 books of this year. So let's get down to the nitty gritty. I really liked Elias, like I love him. He is just so caring, strong, and a great leader. I also liked Helene. She was just the definition of badass. There were some qualities I didn't like about her like how she was so loyal to the Empire but it is pretty understandable. Laia was also a great character and I totally ship her with Elias. #Elaia will happen you guys and they will be endgame. The antagonist is cool too because Marcus seems hard to conquer and now that he is Emperor it is going to be even more difficult. There are too many things that I absolutely loved in this book and I can't possibly list them all but I cannot forget about the escape at the end. That was SOOOOO crazy and props to Laia for being the hero in that scene.
My Personal Dislikes
There wasn't really anything I disliked about this book. It was just #FANTASTIC and #EMBERLICIOUS!
My Rating
5/5 stars
My Final Thoughts
I am so glad that there will be a sequel because I need one. This being Sabaa Tahir's debut novel, it was awesome and I cannot wait to read more by her as an author. What did you guys think about this book? Comment down below. See you guys in the next post.
~Naya J.
 

2 comments:

  1. I love this book so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it is definitely one of my favorites of the year.

      Delete